Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mission One

It really has been my dream to learn how to make a leather bag on my own. For those who knew me might know that I once started designing a bag and sell it online. But unfortunately I had to stop because of some misunderstanding with the craftman. Every once in a while I tried to find a another craftman who suits my taste but couldn't find any. That's why I really want to know how to make a bag. A leather one. Coming to Italy and Florence was one of the idea. Since Florence is truly the place where leather craftmanship born and developing. Thought I could manage to learn something beside my Master School.
Trying to find some leather classes to squeeze between my tight school schedule is not an easy task. Because most of the leather class I found required 4 days a week. That would be impossible. But lucky me a woman in Accademia Del Riacci sent me an email telling that their school were giving a 2 days workshop for leather craft. Excited as a child, I registered right away. And below you can see my excitement when finally I got to learn how to make my first leather craft in Italy. Well, coin purse and camera case today, beautiful handbag tomorrow? Amen! :)

Cut the pattern, create the sew lining, put a button hole.. not as easy as it seems!

Materials...

Never knew we even need a hammer! -to make the stitch smoother


Pattern made of paper

My creation ;)
Classmates

This wooden tool is useful to hold the leather while sewing the edges

No comments:

Post a Comment